Saturday, May 9, 2009

One for my cousin

I want to use this blog to express my gratitude for a wonderful woman in my life...my cousin Nan.

As you all know I am pregnant and have been having some issues trying to decide what to do with my life lately. One woman who has been there for me through this whole process has been Nan, she has been there for me as a huge support and I can't even come close to expressing how much it means to me to have her there as a voice of experience.

Unfortunately due to difference in age and locations our whole life, I never got the chance to establish a real relationship with my Glover cousins which I have always wished to have, but over the last few months my relationship with Nan has grown and become wonderful, I know I can call on her for any need I may have and she has become a close friend and confidant.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I was unsure of what I wanted to do with my baby, I had all sorts of questions running through my mind. Should Eric and I get married? Should I try and single parent? Should I give my baby up for adoption? While I was struggling with all of these should's, my mom suggested that I call up my cousin Nan, who placed a baby when she was 19, I called her and ever since she has been a wonderful resource for me. She has never once told me what I should or shouldn't do, just there to listen and give her opinion when asked.

So Nan, this one is for you. You have been so wonderful to me through this most difficult time in my life, and I am grateful for the opportunity to develop a relationship, and bond with you. Thank you for being a wonderful support network, I look forward to continuing to build a relationship with you. I love you.

In another topic, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! To all the wonderful moms in my life! I love you all!

Sara D.

4 comments:

Nan said...

Awww, that was nice. I love you, too. And I am also grateful for our new friendship. Happy Mom's day to you, too.

Da Warboss said...

That was really sweet! What a great way to show your gratitude! And just think next year your little guy will be here to spend mothers day with you!

Gail said...

Hey, Sara. I love that girl too. We struggled as mother and daughter through some tough times, but now she is truly one of my 3 best friends! My best advice is don't burn any bridges which cannot be rebuilt. Love those who love you and it will all turn out okay in the end.

The Lauritzen Family said...

I am truly glad that you found someone to help you through this time in your life. Every one needs someone they can turn to when we have hard decisions to make.