Friday, March 6, 2009

Older poems I have just recently found hope you enjoy

Too Late
Falling further into darkness.
Feeling lost,desperate, and hopeless.
Wanting the pain to attack me.
Kill me inside for what I have done.
Already dead inside my soul.
Wishing to hurt again.
I know I am not alone.
But feel like I am anyway.
No one to talk to
No one understands
It was ultimetly down to me,
I made the choice,
but now I wonder,
was it the right one?
I feel ashamed, scared, and lonely.
Pain, anger, depression, and hate for myself.
Too late to go back now,
can't change the past,
It's too late for me now.

My Weakness
I walk into the room,
and smile when I see you standing there
so warm and inviting
you'll always be my weakness

You offer comfort,
I accept the familiar numbness that you bring to me
so sweet and seductive
you'll always be my weakness

You offer relief,
I revel in the lovely slow death that you bring
so loving and caring,
you'll always be my weakness

I find you everywhere I go,
even though I hate you
I will always need you
you'll always be my weakness

I wish that you would go away
Even though tomorrow I will turn to you and need you again
I hate you
but you'll always be my weakness.

In My Shoes
I wonder how you would feel
if you spent a day in my life
would you look at me differently?
or would you be the same
after spending a day in my shoes.

I wonder how you would act
if you spent a day in my life
would you tell me that you were wrong?
or would you say that you're still right
after spending a day in my shoes

I wonder what you would say
if you spent a day in my life
would you stop going behind my back?
or would you still talk all your crap
after spending a day in my shoes

All I ask of you,
is that you know my life isn't perfect
I know that yours isn't either
but you don't know how much harder mine is
Spend a day in my shoes and see how much you like it

All I ask of you,
is that you let my past die down
I know you have a past as well
but you don't know my secrets
Spend a day in my shoes and see how much you like it

All I ask of you,
is that you leave me alone
I know you don't like me much
but you don't know how I don't like you either
Spend a day in my shoes and see how much you like you

WHY?

I sit here and I ask God Why?
Why is there pain?
Why is there sadness?
Why is there anger?
Why do we cry?
As I ponder all these Whys?
I think......
Without pain we would be unable to appreciate hope.
Without sadness.....happiness would not exist.
Without anger no one would be able to make up.
Without tears none of us would be able to love.
So when I think that.....
Pain, Sadness, Anger, and Tears are bad.....
I think of all the good....
That we would be missing without them.


LOVE
I find myself lying in a state of despair.
Sitting here wondering why is life so unfair?
I've had great love and I've had great loss.
Is putting my heart on the line worth the cost?
I fall in love than get slapped in the face.
Everytime this happens thats always the case.
All I want is just to love,
Be put on a mantle like an angel from above.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn....
Is just to love and be loved in return.

ENDLESS
Endless pain...So hard to bear
Endless sadness...Your so unaware
Endless nights...Lying awake
Endless days...They make me shake
Endless taunts...You're laughing now
Endless jeers...But why and how
Endless life...So meaningless
Endless death...I wont be missed

Sara D.

So there are some of my OLD poems from quite a few years back. Hope you enjoyed

2 comments:

Nan said...

So, has your friend's poetry blog been inspiring you, or are you just feeling the need to express some creativity lately. Love you, Sara. Hope everything is going all right for you.

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

Sara, your poetry reminds me of Nephi in the Book of Mormon when he was experiencing "opposition in all things" (2Nephi 2:11) My favorite scripture ever is 2 Nephi 4:16-35. I am working on memorizing it, so I challenge you to do the same. You will undoubtedly beat me. I think of how depressed Nephi was feeling because of tragedy, death, loneliness, and abandonment, and yet he found an uplifting way out. I hope this isn't too preachy for you, but just know that we would do anything to help if you need us.